Home Forums WordPress WordPress Gallery Single Gallery folder without populating media gallery?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kelly Kelly 1 day, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of brent
    brent
    @brent

Participant

I have a ton of photos I would like to create as gallery (actually, three different galleries) However, I don’t want to populate my media library with hundreds/thousands of photos to do this. I just added the Huge-It plugin, but before creating “my first gallery” I want to know if folders can be created to house massive galleries. Feel me?

Profile photo of Kelly
    Kelly
    @kelly

Hello dear @brent
    Thank you for your question
    By WordPress standards all gallery plugins which allow to add images, should be filled from Media Library.
    The images are important to be in your WordPress Media Library in order to display in any plugin of WordPress.

If you don’t have the images in Media Library, then by clicking “Add Image” button our gallery will open the Media Library and allow you to upload your imaged from computer first > to media library > then in the plugin

Thanks

Profile photo of brent
    brent
    @brent

Participant

Appreciate your response, and I think I understand. However, I have over 1000 images to upload into a gallery. I was hoping to create a “portfolio” for these images to be stored separate from the main media library. If I upload all these pictures to the main media library, won’t it will be difficult to manage primary images/graphics for page edits, etc?

Profile photo of Kelly
    Kelly
    @kelly

Media Library has many tools which will help to work with the images, edit them in size, add title descriptions and so on. but note: our gallery need to be filled with text separately.
    We use media library to upload images, but we don’t take the title , description and URL from media library.

But if you add the images in post/pages then all media library changes will come with the image

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Blog